Wednesday, September 10, 2008

make me over



my God is making me over. and it hurts--oh it hurts. but it heals. it's scraping off the scab to take out the infection. only His skilled hands can do the hurting and healing all at the same time. and i find myself crying out to him. leaning on Him. holding onto Him. until i feel peace and love and freedom. He is the only Good. He is the only Strength. He is the only Trustable. the only Loving. and knowing that to be true. i give it all. all the peices of me i love and long to hold onto. the broken little scraps of strength i've peiced together over the years. all the little shards of independence and sense of self i've accumulated in this life. i meekly offer. and say, "change me--make me yours." i am oh so small--this version of me. smaller than is comfortable--so once again i must lean on Him for every step...every moment. and He loves it that way. it's the most uncomforable wonderful place i've ever been.

He is my Creator.

imagine.

letting Him tell you who you are...and who you aren't.

the above picture is of nagisaki. the city in japan we dropped the atom bomb on during world war 2. there was damage that was nessesary for the world's good in that situation. how tragic. what a desision to have to make. so glad it wasn't mine. i feel like everyday i wake up with the damage done to me that was nessesary for my greater good. i am free today. freer than i've ever been. wow. too bad this was the only way to get me here. too bad there is so much fallout to deal with. but He is big enough...


Make Me Over by lifehouse
Wrap my arms Around your name Feel your breath Against my pain As i breathe out the past is gone Empty smile Naked heart Who I Was Falls apart When you're here inside of me Feel till you're numb Depth perception becoming The new deaf & dumb I'm losing myself just to find a place in your mind In your mind Changing myself just to stand along in your eyes In your eyes... pull me in Take me out Make me over Read the wave Ride your fears In this ocean of years We've been here, swimming on Take me deep Till I find Every corner of your mind We've been here, swimming on Touch till you taste All the time we are wasting Alone, waiting here I'm losing myself just to find a place in your mind In your mind Changing myself just to stand Alone in your eyes Your eyes... Pull me in Take me out Make me over and shout me out loud Shout me out loud

1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

He is and it is a 'miracle' to watch.....scarily painful but oh so beautiful.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home