Friday, February 16, 2007

unfaithful, ungraceful, unloving




some will seek forgiveness other's escape
song by copeland and underoath


Here's my kiss to betray
Desperate to brush the lips of grace

Do you feel hollow when you think of how I've lied?

Oh, sweet angel of mercy, with your grace like the morning
Wrap your loving arms around me

Hey, unfaithful, I will teach you To be stronger, Hey, ungraceful, I will teach you To forgive one another Hey, unfaithful, I will teach you To be stronger,
Hey, unloving I will love you
I will love you
I will love you
And Jesus I'm ready to come home
(JESUS, I'M READY)
I'm ready to come home
I'm ready to come
Hey unfaithful, hey ungraceful, hey unloving
I will love you
Hey unloving
I will love you

wow...what a song. it is usually a song that breaks me down and helps me home. this time i was broken down and desperate enough on my own for home and the song came about 30 minutes after.

these words.

unfaithful, ungraceful, unloving.


this is me.

i'm discovering that my journey is about learning that again and again.
that i am nothing by myself and He expects nothing but my nothingingness.
He is who He is no matter where i am...and i love being close to Him. and now i am back. and it feels good. so good i can't imagine ever leaving His side again. but i will--i know i will. it is in my "sheepish" nature to wander. for now i'll stay here.


1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Amen Lex and you know there is NO condemnation in His eyes.....remembering that keeps me coming back......loved this and you...b

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home