Wednesday, October 18, 2006

His burden is light?


i can honestly say until just recently i have had a hard time with Jesus' words,

"come to me all you are heavy laden--for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

it seems since i've become a Christ-follower that has been anything but the case! it is just recently that i started looking inside at who i am and what i do to break the heart of God. and--arrogent me--i kinda thought that the point was to fix it. me...by myself--fix me--you know, just kinda take care of what i found in there. in the name of God of course!

i may be just a little slow, but earlier this week it was made clear to me how this action in itself breaks the heart of God. this whole time i didn't realize that God wanted to be a part of the changing--the molding me into a new creature. i kinda thought He saved me and i needed to do the rest...as if i am capable of anything good...wow. i would never say that i was one that beleived in a "works gospel" but i feel like i have been living it for 6 months now.

i feel so releived. so grateful and RELEIVED!!! that His yoke is easy and His burden is soooo light. that His grace leaves me with nothing to "do". nothing. i just need to remain helpless.

helpless...hmmmm.

now how the heck do i do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home