Monday, March 27, 2006

listening...


my journey has halted as i listen and pray listen and pray...all the while becoming less and less satisfied with just living and desperately want to lose my life for Him....don't know how, don't know what that looks like, but have a "feeling" that He is calling me to do something with 24-7. don't know...don't need to know...just need to listen...listen...listen and then i read...

God Bee Good Honey + a believing multitude say " God, be good to me & forgive my sins" - but - the disciple says "God, be good to me, be good through me, forgive my sins & eradicate my sins".

while the one side first says "to me be the better" - the other first says "to God be the glory".

while one says, "i am just a mere man" - the other, acknowledging weakness, goes on to say "i am the light of the world...an emissary of change".

the many see that there are many commands - the disciples see only two.

the believing multitude live in the light of God's love while largely living for themselves - the disciples live in the light of God's love while largely living for Christ ...& those for whom he died.

one group knows Jesus as the way - the others, know him as their life.

while most believers live seeking first to better their lives with God's help - disciples live seeking first to lose their lives for God's sake...

and that makes all the difference. the uprising

speak! i am listening. . .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home