Thursday, March 09, 2006

one ordinary day



money, money, money.

i hate money.

hate that it has such a hold on my world. my loved ones. and me.

money has been a little tight lately. and everyone knows when money is tight you think about it more.

i am one of the richest people in the world--because i live in the US and own a car--(well pay on a car) and it isn't enough. it would be enough if i looked a little closer at my needs vs. my material american wants, but i walk through target (my equivalent of veggietales stuffmart) and AHHHHHHH i want one of everything! i can rationalize that i need one of everything. until i think about how i just bought my child more spring clothes than some kids own in their life.

psalm4:6-8
why is everyone hungry for more?
"more, more," they say.

"more, more".

i have God's more than enough,
more joy in one ordinary day,

then they get in all of their shopping sprees.

at day's end i'm ready for sound sleep.
for you God,
have put my life back together.


i only wish my life reflected this prayer.

let me be reminded of His more than enough which is more important than a bigger house or an american dream accomplished or all the money in the world.

i want to have one of david's "ordinary days" full of joy. i want to live one ordinary life full of joy simply because He put it all back together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joash Chan said...

Thanks for sharing this. I can relate to your struggle too. And yes, i want that kind of day all the days of my life.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with Target. As long as I can keep myself away I'm okay, but as soon as I set foot into the store it's all over. And then I end up feeling guilty. It's awful.

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home