Tuesday, February 07, 2006

help


why is it that when i am overwhelmed, the first thing to get crossed off my list is the one thing that would keep me sane during this crazy time?

why can't i take my "big" stuff to God? why do i think that is the stuff that only i should take care of?

i am in "overwhelmed into nothingness" mode. i have so much to do and not enough time to do it soooo i cross off journaling and connecting with my Creator first and then attempt to go at it without Him. kind of like--oh i'll deal with Him later. but my God--He is jealous. He wants to be involved in every facet of my life. and i think He is deliberately overwhelming me over and over so that i finally get it in my head that maybe i wouldn't be overwhelmed if i let Him in?

i have said yes to too many things here lately. too many things for me to handle on my own and still be a good mommy and wife and youth leader and friend.

these four things i have failed miserably at these past few weeks. the four things that are the most important.

when i get bogged down with tasks i am overwhelmed with people. all people. and then i am so frustrated with the people in my life that i end up not getting the tasks done!!!

i need His help, i don't know why i resist it.

i need to humble myself and ask for Him to take care of things. . . and me. why is that so hard!?!

humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

Quite a difference in the last two posts.

I think the busyness of life is too much for us. It is driving us nuts.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I took a class this fall and the professor said over and over, "if you say yes to one thing you are saying no to another." I don't know aobut you, but I have had to stat saying yes to my family. That means saying no to others. It is a difficult thing, saying no to church? saying no to playdates? saying no to helping watch a friends kids so they can be child free for a bit? But when I put the yes to my husband and kids twist upon the no to other things it is not so bad.

I wish you a week of YES to your family and no to others. May you find rest in your family.

2:16 AM  
Blogger nealb said...

hey hey..
I have no problem with you using my image..! Just make sure that you credit it properly!!
www.enalb.co.uk

5:42 PM  
Blogger nealb said...

hey hey..
I have no problem with you using my image..! Just make sure that you credit it properly!!
www.nealb.co.uk

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home