Sunday, January 15, 2006

the game goes on





i am like a child playing red light green light with God.

i blame Him for the red lights and take credit for the green. if i'm honest i am the one calling out the signals. because i am one of those annoying kids that call out the light changes for themselves--refusing to play the game fairly and effectively.

i am too ignorant to be self aware enough to know it is my shortcomings that allow the red lights to happen.

His light is always green.

it is my way of calling "uncle".

i am so engrossed in my own shortsighted narssisism to see that God is forever there, green light shining. and sadly i often my small voice for His great one. . .

as i am once again before a red light--or one percieved in my head--i am too hesistant, no too stubborn, to take action about my newly discovered self imposed stopping point.

so the game goes on, although it's not too fun.

red light, green light, red light, green light, red light.

3 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

Time for a "time out".

11:49 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Just dropped by to check on you!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

i am too ignorant to be self aware enough to know it is my shortcomings that allow the red lights to happen......

ignorant or stubborn???? from one stubborn soul to another love you girl....b

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home