Thursday, December 15, 2005

looking upward



In the context of ever looking upward... Instead of always looking inward, practice more looking outward. Over-attentiveness to purpose-crippling fears, must be displaced by healthy attentiveness to the bleeding, shouting, silent, crying, & whispered needs, both small & great, of those all around us. This is how He loved. This is how we love. Loving this way has the power to move us deep into darkness-dispelling, deception-devouring, chain-breaking freedoms for both ourselves & others - much deeper than we might come into merely by seeking freedom for ourselves alone. Freedom is no prerequisite for forward movement. Forward movement is a prerequisite for freedom.

i found this paragraph at http://theuprising.typepad.com/my_weblog/
this guy's blog is unbeleivable!!! i feel as if his weblog was passed onto me at a most vulnerable moment. and it fed a need. it created an even bigger desire in me to be something more. to get over myself--and on with God's plan for my life. and i am excited! this excitement has replaced any loss that i have felt over the past few days. this excitement has consumed me. i am filled with the reassurance that God's way really is the only way. the only way to catch this kind of passion...to be a part of the greatest love of all time.

1 Comments:

Blogger lexi said...

I can't wait to see where this journey takes us. My only wish is that you go for whatever He has for you with all your heart.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home