Monday, March 06, 2006

the height of my imperfection


take me away--lifehouse

this time--
all i want is you--
there is no one else--
who can take your place.

this time--
you burn me with your eyes--
you see past all the lies--
you take it all away.

i've seen it all and it's never enough--
it keeps leaving me with you.

take me away--
take me away--
i've got nothing left to say--
just take me away.

i try--
to make my way to you--
i still have fears so large--
i don't know what to say and do.

i've seen it all--
and it's never enough--
it keeps leaving me needing you.

take me away--
take me away--
i've got nothing left to say--
just take me away.

don't give up on me yet--
don't forget--
who i am.

i know i'm not there yet--
but don't let me say here alone.

this time--
all i want is you--
there is no one else--
who can take your place.

i've seen enough and it's never enough--
it keeps leaving me needing you.

take me away--
take me away--
i've got nothing left to say--
just take me away.

music always finds it's way to the core of my struggles. helping me take steps toward the softness that i need to change--to grow.

music, art, and poetry.

there is something about these three that speaks to the soul. it is no accident that so much of the Bible, God's autobiography, includes these things. our hearts don't speak in formulas or step by step programs. our hearts speak in song, in beauty and in naked words. God knows that--because He made us this way.

this particular song reminds me of so many of david's tunes in psalms. it's is a desperate cry for God's presence. for His mercy. for His wholeness.

lately life has been a struggle. as it always is when one is attemting to be a follower of Christ instead of just a listener.


i have questioned--i have cried--and it all comes back to me trying it all and it not being enough, leaving me to need Him all the more.


turning the Father in the midst of the storm is such a relief. such a relief. His love, His grace, His strength, just takes me away. away from the hurt--away from the pain. it's awesome to actually miss Him. long for Him even. for His welcoming arms to just...

hold me in the height of my imperfection.

3 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

Noce post.

I just wrote about art and prayer myself.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Joash Chan said...

Oh no, i love that song without hearing the melody!! Where can I get that song??

5:49 AM  
Blogger lexi said...

i think it's on lifehouse's newest cd. whichever one that is:) sorry i'm not much help!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home