Tuesday, February 07, 2006

romance in the air . . .


God is working. God is wooing. God is searching down his loved ones with reckless abandon. He will go to any lengths to get their attention. i only say their's because He already got mine. He finally got my attention about 5 februarys ago when i was at the bottom of a downward spiral. at that point He was screaming my name--begging me to run into His arms. i couldn't resist.

He chose me.

But even before he sang me my love song He was calling my name all my life. i just never heard Him.

now...

i hear Him calling the name of those all around me. He is persuing them like an empassioned lover. He is ready to satisfy the insatiable desire we all have for wholeness. do they hear? are they listening to the Creator of the world as He tells them their love story? as it unfolds day after day? where will they find Him? will they see Him in the sunset? will they see Him in a crisis?

when will they recognize their whole lives as a love story?

i've spent all weekend with lost people. rich lost people, poor lost people. black lost people, white lost people. difficult lost people and soft lost people. their lostness makes them all the same. makes them all have one divine common denominator. they all have a hole they are trying to fill and God wants to fit. He is calling their name--He has started to scream in some of their lives. walking next to all these love stories this weekend, these budding romances between Creator and creation--has given me a skip in my step and a weight in my heart.

i see Him working. i see Him wooing.

...as love stories around me unfold i remember mine and smile.

2 Comments:

Blogger lexi said...

You amaze me - just when i think i know every little thing about you - you surprise me. thank you for listening to Him and knowing He will "pursue me like an empassioned lover" as well. love you

7:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the skip in my step & heavy heart. Thanks for your honest words Lexi. I enjoy reding what your heart is sharing.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home