Wednesday, March 01, 2006

galaxies wide



my love for you hasn't grown cold
by bethany dillon

You shake your head
What is so hard to believe?
When you are in your bed
I sing over you the sweetest things

Because oh,
my love does not tire

I'm awake when the moon is full

And I know the times
when you feel lost

And you just aren't sure


Lo and behold
My love hasn't grown cold

For you


You could steal away in the middle of the night
And hide in the light of day
While you cloak yourself in the darkest lies


But oh my love,
it swims in the deepest oceans of fear

and as soon as you lower your head

i am here


Lo and behold

My love hasn't grown cold
For you


If only you could see
How heaven stills when you speak

I know all your days

And I have wrapped you in mystery


And oh, my love for you

Is as wide as the galaxies
Just hold out your hand
and close your eyes

And come be with me

Lo and behold

My love hasn't grown cold
For you

i have been searching my whole life long, to be loved like this.
to be loved like my Father loves me. someone to sing over me as i sleep. someone who loves me no matter where i hide or what i do. all i have to do is close my eyes and i am in His presence. in the presence of the one that love me galaxies wide...
i have so many thoughts that stream from this one truth.

the first of which is i don't deserve this kind of love. my heart is warmed at the thought of actually having a Father who thinks of me this way. my Father is someone i can brag on, someone i can walk with and someone i can rest in. i don't have to impress Him. He loves me for me. if i could rest in that daily and put down all the things i inwardly and outwardly cling to for strength...


the second thought is in direct conflict to the former. although i say i don't deserve His love there must be some part of me that beleives that i do deserve it. deep down i think i beleive that me and those i love deserve His love. me, mandy, eric, lynz, jaeda, mom, ky, vannah, jason, sara, joey, shayla, brian, shanna, rhonda, joel....

because the part where this thought starts to get complicated is when i think about people like the incredibly
lost and annoying partylight consultant lisa that i met this weekend.

God's love for her never grows cold.

and this is the one that i am particularly baffled by. this lady was incredible. it was like she was from a different country. she was totally and completely unlovable. but presicely the kind of person that Jesus would have talked to if He were here today. and as she stood in my best friend's livingroom fighting with her daughter in front of perfect stangers that were supposed to be her customers there was not another thought in my mind beside--this poor woman needs jesus.

maybe a little more obviously than most of us but not any more desperately.


God, my Father, loves this woman. He sings over her in her sleep. He also loves her galaxies wide. and this is truly baffling to me. if i truly beleived that i was as undeserving of His love as the next lost person i think i would have much more sympathy for the lisa's in my life.

i must come to terms with the fact that He loves the unlovable, and i am very much one of them.


this song is beautiful and meloncholy and thought provoking. thanks for the recommandation sara!

1 Comments:

Blogger Curious Servant said...

I love yuor style.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home